Its Food Fun Friday, Friday nights are when we have time to have a bit of fun with food and letting the boys have a go at making something. This week they made pizza. I made the base (recipe at the bottom) and they put their favourite topping on, pepperoni and cheese.
Spreading on the pizza topping
Ready for the oven.
Three happy tummies
First pizza experience
- For the dough
650g/1lb 5oz Italian strong white flour
- sachet of easy-blend yeast
2 tsp salt
25ml/1fl oz olive oil
50ml/2fl oz warm milk
325ml/11fl oz warm water
- Make the dough: mix the flour, yeast and salt together in a large mixing bowl and stir in the olive oil and milk. Gradually add the water, mixing well to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out on to a floured work surface and knead for about five minutes, until smooth and elastic. Transfer to a clean bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for about 1½ hours, until doubled in size.
- When the dough has risen, knock it back, then knead again until smooth, roll into a ball and set aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour until risen again.
- Preheat the oven to its highest setting.
- Divide the dough into six balls and roll each out onto a lightly floured work surface until 20cm/8in in diameter.
- Spread a little passata (or homemade tomato sauce) over each pizza base and top with your favourite toppings.
- Bake the pizzas in the oven until the bases are crisp and golden-brown around the edges and any cheese on the topping has melted.